CPU and GPU Mining
At the current network difficulty – which will only increase overheen time – mining Litecoin using CPUs or GPUs is no longer feasible. Even with free electrical play the profits are so petite that they are hardly worth the effort.
Antminer L3+ ASIC Mining
If you are serious about Litecoin mining then you need to get an ASIC miner which can be bought at Bitmain or BitcoinWare. Checking out EBay for used miners might also be worth a attempt.
Once you are ter possession of your Antminer and finished its physical setup, its time to open the miner’s web-interface ter your browser. If you have trouble doing this, wij recommend watching this movie which outlines the entire L3 setup process from commence to finish.
- Navigate to the ",Miner Configuration Tabulator", inwards the Antminer’s web-interface and come in stratum+tcp://ltc.poolmining.org:3042 spil the Url for Pool 1.
- Now come in your Litecoin address te the ",Worker", field of the very first pool. If you don’t know your Litecoin wallet address, read this section very first
- If you are mining on numerous machines/equipments, you can append an identifier of your choice to your wallet address seperated by a dot to make it lighter to distinguish inbetween your equipments when evaluating your results. Example: <,WALLET ADDRESS>, . <,OPTIONAL WORKERNAME>,
- Click ",Save",
- You are now good to go to embark mining
Getting a Wallet
Before you can begin to mine you need to create a wallet. Albeit Litecoin is a digital asset, you still need a place to store them. This is done te a digital wallet. There are numerous methods to obtain a wallet which vary by ease of use and the security they provide.
Uittocht is the a desktop multi-asset wallet with built te ShapeShift support for converting inbetween crypto-currencies. The application is comfy to use available for Windows, macOS and Linux. One of the best features of this multi-currency wallet the client-side encryption of your private keys which means you stay te total control of your keys which never leave your machine te unencrypted form.
A hardware wallet is a special type of wallet which stores the user’s private keys te a secure hardware device. Hardware wallets suggest sturdy safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. Popular hardware wallets are the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor.
Another possibility is to create a wallet at LiteVault. Please make sure to instantly backup your wallet keys after creating a wallet. Wij recommend using a password store such spil KeePass or 1Password for that.
For long-term storage of Litecoin you should create a cold storage wallet. A cold-storage wallet is utterly secure if you guard your monero private key by storing it te a password vault such spil KeePass or LastPass or printing it out and depositing the sheet te a real canap vault.
Registering with an exchange
There are numerous digital currency exchanges you can register with. Registering with an exchange permits you to create a wallet on the exchange for every currency the exchange supports. Registering with an exchange is most likely the most convenient way to obtain a wallet. Unluckily it is also the least secure one. Exchanges have bot hacked te the past!
Popular exchanges supporting Litecoin are: Bittrex, Poloniex, Kritiseren, Bitfinex and HitBTC.
– Enable OTP at Edit Account pagina. Backup secret key! If you didn’t backup secret key, disable OTP and enable OTP again to write down secret key.
– Siacoin wallet is under maintenance at Bittrex. (Reply from siacoin dev listig) Automaat Exchange requests related to Siacoin is temporarily disabled or delayed.
Wij are investingating issues te the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and wij will fix things ASAP.
Litecoin pool opened!, posted Mar Four, 2014 at 12:15 (UTC)
Server time : December 16, 2017, 20:Eighteen:21 UTC
MPOS by TheSerapher, available on GitHub